Menu

Aesop's Fables--hands on resources?

Handmaiden

We will be studying Aesop's Fables next fall, and I'd like to incorporate some hands on activities.

I see that Evan Moor has an Aesop's Literature Pockets book, but would anyone have other hands on ideas: mini books, notebooking, lapbooks, crafts?

Hi Linda,

We went and saw this guy's puppet show http://www.jimwestpuppets.com/indexpage/mainmap.html of Aesop's Fables. At his site you can see lots of puppet making and teacher activities for Aesop's Fables. You can also google coloring book Aesop's Fables and come up with some great coloring sheets. Also, some where out there in homeschool land they sell a book of plays based on Aesop's Fables for young children. I think the playwrite's last name is Cullom. Maybe Albert Collum or Cullom. I have the book but it's in storage! Anyway, it is really fun for the kids to act out the fables.

I've never gotten around to making lapbooks. But seeing the puppets, coloring sheets and putting on plays as well as just reading the fables out loud made for a very fun unit on Aesop's Fables for us.