Menu

Can I Make Caramel Apples with this?

ProdAdminImage.ashx?id=100

There were no caramels to be found here as of yesterday and unlikely to be found today.

Dd thinks we should be able to heat this up and dip the apples in. My recipe calls for individually wrapped caramels, but this should be okay, right?

Thanks so much. :)

Definitely won't work. It will be runny and dripping off the apples.

The pp's recipe looks good, but if you don't have all those ingredients, you can do an even simpler caramel sauce if you google--I think pretty much sugar, butter, milk, vanilla. Be careful with temperature of cooking. If you cook too long, you get something that hardens too much. A candy thermometer helps.

Thank you so much for warning me and thank you for the suggestions and link. As luck would have it, ds and I went to about 4 different stores and managed to accumulate enough caramels from each place. Worked out really well. :) Thanks again.

My own personal experience (last week) is that there is a curious lack of wrapped caramel candies here in northern virginia -- which is odd.

We tried melting the caramel apple wraps (which are everywhere here, btw) in the microwave using a recipe someone here gave me, and it worked well -- not as well as regular, old, wrapped caramels would have worked, but it worked.