Menu

library book question

Can you sand it off with very fine sandpaper, while holding the book tightly closed? You don't have anything to lose, right?

If you have to replace the book, I'd suggest asking your library if you can bring in the replacement. Library charges for books can be quite high, although some libraries don't allow patrons to bring in replacements (the books have to be paid for).

Can you sand it off with very fine sandpaper, while holding the book tightly closed? You don't have anything to lose, right?

If you have to replace the book, I'd suggest asking your library if you can bring in the replacement. Library charges for books can be quite high, although some libraries don't allow patrons to bring in replacements (the books have to be paid for).

The sandpaper idea is a good one. I'll try that. And good point - I don't have anything to lose by trying!

Peroxide will bleach blood out. I wonder if just moistening a cotton ball and swabbing the edges (without soaking the pages) would do the trick.

That's what I was thinking of doing - running a q-tip along it.

Okay, I didn't know if people would think it was just too gross to return a book that had blood on it even after cleaning it up. But with two votes for trying to clean it up and return it, that's what I'll do!

My dh is a librarian. Trust me, blood on books is the least of their worries. Really.

Depending on how thick it is, you could always just use an exacto-knife and trim off the offending stain.

I get bloody noses often and I have messed up quite a few books. Always my own, not a library book...yet.