Menu

What grade is Conceptual Chemistry intended for?

Is there more than one? I know there is more than one Conceptual Physics book, and the Conceptual Physics edition we're going to use (from my db, a physics prof) is college level; we're going to do that one in Gr. 10/sophomore year. The Conceptual Chemistry by Suchocki we have already bought we'll do in Gr. 9/freshman year. We're supplementing this with Conceptual Chemistry Alive! and Thinkwell Chem DVD lectures.

Maybe you could post an update after you've used it for a few months and let us know how it is going?

I haven't found anything for chemistry that looks really great yet, and I was hoping Conceptual Chemistry could work.

Thanks,

Karen

Is there more than one? I know there is more than one Conceptual Physics book, and the Conceptual Physics edition we're going to use (from my db, a physics prof) is college level; we're going to do that one in Gr. 10/sophomore year. The Conceptual Chemistry by Suchocki we have already bought we'll do in Gr. 9/freshman year. We're supplementing this with Conceptual Chemistry Alive! and Thinkwell Chem DVD lectures.

But, I as far as I know, there is only one for Conceptual Chemistry. I looked at the Thinkwell site and it does look interesting. Could you post how your plan worked for you after you've used it for a while?

Thanks,

Karen:seeya:

But, I as far as I know, there is only one for Conceptual Chemistry. I looked at the Thinkwell site and it does look interesting. Could you post how your plan worked for you after you've used it for a while?

Thanks,

Karen:seeya:

Sure, but it will be a while. I've bought it, but dd isn't starting it until late winter 2009 (February/March 2009.) She's going to do RS4K Chem II first. I'm not sure if I'm going to try and line the Thinkwell lectures up with Conceptual Chemistry or not, but the Conceptual Chemistry Alive! lectures do line up with the first dozen (I think--it's been awhile since I tested the lectures on my computer) chapters of the book. I got the CD-Rom recommendations here on this forum.