Menu

Start Write for Littles?

BlsdMama

Yes, there is. I use the program quite a bit!

Note that you can get the latest version (6.0) from Startwrite as a download. Just call them up and use the code "HSBC" to get 25% off. That makes it $30 for the latest version. :)

Download the demo to try it. Just leave it open for several days if you need to. It will stay "full version" until you close it that first time. I left mine open for several days to give a good workout before purchasing it. Once you close it, it goes to demo mode where you don't have use of certain important keys (such as 'e' :D), but you can still use it to test things out and see what happens.

I think it's perfect for little ones. You can enlarge the font and add dashes/dots or even light gray letters to trace. It comes with the option to add a dotted line in the middle of the 2 main lines as well.

It's nice to type their copywork for them to trace or rewrite on handwriting lines (when they're really little). I really like the program and use it with all 4 of my kids! - When they're older, you'll be glad you have it for cursive practice!

Thanks Mary, that is exactly what I was thinking. My two middles are perfecting their cursive now. NOT having it in workbooks is very attractive to a mama with a lot of children. :)

Viscosity, thanks for the heads up, but we cancelled our internet. It's intentional, but rules out downloads. ;) Plus, Exodus is local to me and I'd like to support them in any way I can! (Admittedly I also want an excuse to go there tomorrow!)

I'm a little excited because it will allow me to do copywork with ANYTHING we study without ME having to write it all down. It sound silly, but the kids are doing italics and when I make a model for them to copy it can take forever. :P