Menu

Hands on Homeschooling?

Aloha2U

I'm realizing that I need to come up with more creative ideas for my preschooler than what I have.

I will be working with my ds on SWR (phonograms and such) and Saxon Math K, but I am looking for help with a few extras:

...like a more structured bible study (considering BJUP Bible Truths K4)...

...readiness skills, manners, chores, social studies, science/health (I have ABeka K4-1st materials but not sure if I want to use them or get rid of them)...

...story/tutor time (possibly Sonlight readers or just living books?)...

...cooking, crafts, and field trips... (the Idea Book by Terri Wilson of HOH)

Hands on Homeschooling would cover all these topics and more so I wouldn't need BJU or ABeka, just some read aloud materials. However, I've read that it does require some prep time and planning ahead to make sure you have materials on hand.

With that said, I'm really hoping to get some feedback on HOH to help me decide if I should spend the money on it... or do something else.

I've been trying to plan for homeschooing both now and in the future and I think that I'm losing my mind with all the research. LOL! Please help. :bigear:

Thank you,

Melissa

I did HOH K (5yo) level a couple of years ago and we really enjoyed it. You're right, it includes everything you listed except literature. We didn't do the whole year, because my ds learned to read in January and at that point the HOH began to seem babyish.

I did age two and enjoyed it. I did require prep. For age 4 for literature I'm using Preschool Plus. Also Peak with books is good. I did bright beginnings for Age three and I love their Bible and they have a science and social studies reading list. I loved that. I also added to the reading list with Picturebook Preschool. We enjoyed it and had a good year. I'm using Living Learning books for science with my ds4 right now. We are doing Developing the Early Learner books.

HTH