Menu

We're bringing one dd home! GA people - a question?

Well, we've tried ps. For the two older girls it is a good fit for now. DD1 is on the cheerleading squad, dd2 is on the student council. DS is happy and the boss of the K class. Their grades are very good, they're maintaining most of their manners and emotions. I'm proud!

But - dd3 is not doing well emotionally. I am thrilled that she's doing well academically, but she's really struggling with everything else. So, we're going to bring her home. I'm trying to get an appt. with her teacher. I want her to know how impressed I am with her ability to bring out dd's skills because she is the least confident child I have. The teacher has been very helpful in getting dd to accept that she is capable. The problems dd is having are in no way her fault - it is the stress on a perfectionist/slightly OCD child who isn't old enough to know how to handle the stress at all.

Should I also talk to the principal or just give them a letter to let them know she won't be back? I know we have to submit a letter of intent to the superintendant, but I'm not sure what the protocol is for the school itself. Anyone have any idea?

I'm so excited. I've been bored out of my mind and dd is a delight when she isn't crying her eyes out about her spelling words or math homework! I really can't wait to get started again!