Menu

s/o Ear piercing as infants/toddlers

I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 44 and my mother never did, so you will understand my ignorance.

Babies' and toddlers' earlobes grow. A lot.

If someone had his/her ears pierced at a very young age, does the piercing stay in the same spot symmetrically as he/she grows?

I hear of people who have let their piercings grow over or have them redone. I know there are infections and sensitivities and preferences that would lead them to do so. But are they ever thinking, "that hole isn't where I want it to be anymore"?

Just curious.

The middle of the earlobe is generally going to still be the middle of the earlobe but since a baby's earlobe is so tiny, it's usually a little farther away from the face than the middle. Yes, you can tell on some people. I don't think most people regret it, though.

I can't speak for the grown women who were pierced as babies, since I'm not one, but I have pierced many, many ears, and many of them were 2nd or 3rd holes (because that was popular back when I used to work at that cheap little jewelry store!) and I would ask when the first hole was pierced, so I've had hundreds of conversations about earring hole placement LOL :tongue_smilie: