Menu

So - Homeschool Mom in AZ - are you going to compile a composite?

Yes. Since non-HSers tend to make generalizations based on very limited experiences with HSers, I was wondering if those experiences were representative of typical HSers, or if it's the atypical HSers that get noticed and remembered.

I live in the most densely populated HS county in the country (or at least it has been many of the 11+ years I've HSed) so I'm personally dealing with a very diverse group of HSers. There are just under 10,000 legally registered HSers here in the county that includes PHX. What HSers are like other places, I'd like to know.

I have posted in the poll threads the types of questions I was comparing the results to.

They're obviously not scientific polls, but I was trying to get general results based on the HSers I have interacted with. Some people can't stand poll questions that are looking for very general information, but then again, since "customized/individualized education" is a very common reason for HSing in the first place, I have to expect such things. A few responses made me giggle.

I have a few other polls I'd like to do (my computer time is limited) but right now I'm enjoying all the funny polls people have posted.