Menu

Does anyone use SOTW 3 suggested narration version as dictation?

JadeOrchidSong

I have found the narration challenging for my boys since each section is very long with many segments in it. I have been asking my boys to narrate part of it to me and then I just use the suggested narration version in the AG to dictate to them. Is this ok? Have you done it this way?

I am thinking of discontinuing WWE 3 because it is becoming redundant if we do dictation and/or narration this way for SOTW as well as for science.

Any thoughts?

I have found the narration challenging for my boys since each section is very long with many segments in it. I have been asking my boys to narrate part of it to me and then I just use the suggested narration version in the AG to dictate to them. Is this ok?

Yes.

I am thinking of discontinuing WWE 3 because it is becoming redundant if we do dictation and/or narration this way for SOTW as well as for science.

Any thoughts?

Yes, it's fine to use whatever you want (well-written, which SOTW is) for dictation. However, I would suggest reversing your thoughts. Focus more on developing narration/dication skills via WWE, and keep SOTW (and science) narrations in the background of your schooling. IOW, use the skills they learn from WWE to enhance history and science study by just incorporating SOTW/science-reading narrations once a week or every two weeks or so.

Yes, it's fine to use whatever you want (well-written, which SOTW is) for dictation. However, I would suggest reversing your thoughts. Focus more on developing narration/dication skills via WWE, and keep SOTW (and science) narrations in the background of your schooling. IOW, use the skills they learn from WWE to enhance history and science study by just incorporating SOTW/science-reading narrations once a week or every two weeks or so.

:iagree: We let SOTW take the background area, and it is more for learning history and retaining it instead of focusing more on the writing. We do a notebook page about once a week for narration from SOTW, but it is oral, I write it for them to copy and illustrate, and we're done. We are in 2nd and 3rd grade, though, if that makes a difference.