Menu

Any movie recs re taxation or subsidies?

Documentaries are fine too. We also have John Stossel's DVDs.

Dd's Bluestocking Econ book suggests a few movies from 1936-1981. I'm thinking we'd both prefer something that won't make us fall asleep, something a little more current/relevant. When I google, I get things such as Blues Brothers (lol) and The Firm, neither of which is close to what I want.

Also, I'd prefer something on American taxation or subsidies, not another country. Thanks!

You might want to get something from John Stossel's free videos. Not feature films, but oh, he's all about taxation issues :)

Julie

We already have those, they are wonderful. What I really need to do is let myself count these for both American Gov't AND Economics. Somehow that feels like cheating . . . otoh, I've given dd notice that Econ will be an easy class, just because there are plenty of other challenges this year. (And I'm sure she'll have more than enough for AG, so it's not like I'm taking away from AG . . . )

Okay. I think you've let me talk myself into it. I'll still be :bigear:, but if nothing grabs me, I'll just count the Stossel videos.

Thank you!!