Menu

ClassiQuest Biology Lab 1 question

So, ClassiQuest Science Biology just arrived and I want to start ODS on Monday in it.. Science is done 2 days a week here..

I'm looking at the first lab and see a graph part.. but I am drawing a total blank on what is being graphed.. The number of seedlings by day?

I need a visual clue for this.. so I can understand what the graph is asking ODS to do..

thanks

My other question is that it calls for Cacti seeds..? I have on hand Wheat Seeds, Bean Seeds, Various vegetable seeds and a flower seed mixture.. DO I need cacti seeds or can they be substituted with something I have on hand.. it would save me the $30 in buying the science kit that has them in it.. since i don't think the garden store carries seeds this time of year?

You could really use anytype of seeds, but I wouldn't use the seed mix. It is best to use 3 types of seeds that look different and have different germination periods. It will make it easier for the kids to make a guess at the reason the seeds came up at different rates. Alos, for the graph, I had my student do her graphs in a spreadsheet. Then she played around with different types of graphs until she was satisfied that the graph showed a good representation of the data. It is a great opportunity to use technology - two birds with one stone and all.