Menu

Would DIVE Integrated Chemistry and Physics ...

..... work with Apologia Physical Science if I supplemented? I am trying to get dd on a more rigorous Science track and I see this is recommended with a BJU Textbook but I already have Apologia. She did the 1st module and has been working through Exploring the World of Chemistry before re-starting Apologia. Any thoughts on this?

DIVE has a syllabus for Integrated Chem/Physics for Apologia. The author recommends BJU over Apologia for a more rigorous combination but Apologia would be fine. Also, the author views the Integrated Chem/Physics as something that could be used as a high school credit. Many, if not most, high school are moving the class we call Physical Science to 8th grade. But many have an integrated chem/physics class which is a more beefed up version that is still done in high school. He has patterned this class after that. So even if you use the "less rigorous" book along side you should have a sufficiently rigorous class. We have done both Chem and Biology but haven't used the Integrated class yet (my middle will do it next year) but with both Chem and Bio, the primary teaching and challenge came from the DVD lessons and work. The text is a good supporting feature but I don't think you'll lose much (if anything) by using Apologia instead.

Heather