Menu

Help with molar pregnancy for friend

My sil had a molar pregnancy. She had to have a D&C. I don't think natural remedies are an option. Is that what you mean? Or remedies for afterward?

It isn't a miscarriage because there was no baby but I don't know if that makes it easier or worse to bear. :crying: I would treat it as if it was a miscarriage though and be as supportive as you can.

it needs to be taken care of through surgery, unfortunately. in my case it kept growing until it became pre-cancerous. and certainly treat it like a miscarriage. all the pregnancy tests come back positive, even your levels keep escalating, the loss is just as devastating any other miscarriage (i've had others too).

hug her-

My friend had a polar pregnancy and it was devastating for her. She had to have a D&C. One mutual friend told her that she had a D&C and it wasn't that bad. Don't say that. Her D&C wasn't pregnancy related and it hurt my friend a lot. I treated as a miscarriage and babysat her other children. Made dinner for the family, etc.

it needs to be taken care of through surgery, unfortunately. in my case it kept growing until it became pre-cancerous. and certainly treat it like a miscarriage. all the pregnancy tests come back positive, even your levels keep escalating, the loss is just as devastating any other miscarriage (i've had others too).

hug her-

We had a partial molar pregnancy between 2 & 3/4. Everything was fine until my midwife couldn't find the heartbeat at 12 weeks. It was very difficult, made more difficult by the D&C, spending the night in the maternity ward, etc.

There is no "natural" way of dealing with it. There is an increased risk of hemorrhage, among other risks.

Hugs and support are about the extent of what you can offer. Keep in mind that, unlike other miscarriages, this seems to last and last as you go for blood tests for over a year to make sure it doesn't keep escalating. You can't "move on" for a protracted period.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse