Menu

Classical Conversations and Saxon math

cam112198

Okay, I don't have a kid in Challenge and we are nowhere close to that, so I don't know all the details. But, my understanding is you can usually opt out of one or two classes in Challenge. So, if your kid is far behind or ahead in Latin or math or you just want to use different materials, they can do the rest of Challenge and you can do math on your own.

HTH!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post but I wanted to respond. Saxon is the math they use in Challenge but you don't have to use it. The difference will be that when they are doing the math seminar your child will simply be listening rather than working through some of his work.

Everyone is right that CC uses Saxon in the Challenge levels, but you don't have to use it at home yourself. My son does LOF at home. Sometimes he'll say, "I learned how to do this in class," but usually he already knows the math before he gets to class and is able to participate with everyone else. (His class is doing 8/7, but he's doing LOF Pre-Algebra.)