Menu

Back to D.C.

Yes...I read up about this event from a link HEAV (Virginia's homeschooling organization) provided in a email. I thought it was absolutely wonderful and a great way to bring American Gov't out of the textbooks and into real life.

I will definitely be looking into this for my high schooler next year. I see they also have one day seminars for the youngers but it would probably be over my youngers' heads.

Added bonus: a great thing to put on a college app!

I LOVE Teenpact. My kids have had many awesome experiences through them and I highly recommend them as well. When I talk about it sometimes, people tell me that they aren't into politics. You don't have to be. BUT... every high schooler has to take government and there is NO better way to do it. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with anything they have to offer.

I see they also have one day seminars for the youngers but it would probably be over my youngers' heads.

QUOTE]

We brought TP to SD, so my littles (at the time) got drug alone at the ripe old ages of 4 and 7. My now 11 yo went to the state 1 day class at the age of 7 and 8 and is BEGGING to go again. You'd be surprised at how accessible the program is. You wouldn't believe how jazzed those littles get about passing a bill!!