Menu

50 years old. . . .

Will be 50 in 1 1/2 months - did I lose a decade somewhere? Don't need encouragement - just wanted to share - it feels weird! I used to think 50 was old - guess I will change my mind now!

Barb

You're only as old as you think you are -- or something like that;o)

Since I've seen 74 year old women sitting on the floor with toddlers at our church or 37 year old moms on the Power League Volleyball court or heard dh talk about 70 year old men who beat him at racquetball, I've rather dismissed all assumptions about age.

I know I don't feel as old as some might at my age. (It helps that people think I'm younger than I am;o)

Just live and enjoy each day God gives you. (I know those birthdays ending in a zero can be hard, but try not to worry about it.)

When one friend turned 50, a little friend said, "Wow. You're halfway to 100!" Um. Yeah... Thanks. I think... LOL

I'll be 48 next February, so I'm not too far behind you. I'm rather proud of heading toward 50 while still feeling reasonably young and energetic - well, most days anyway :D.

Someone should start a 50+ social group, I'd be so looking forward to joining in :001_smile:.

Congratulations in advance for your special day, are you going to be doing anything really exciting to celebrate?

Best wishes

Cassy

Hang in there -- you will wrap your brain around it and do just fine. I turned 57 in August -- I have five children ranging in age from 32 to almost 11 (and the almost 11s are b/g twins).

50 is only a number -- I am in constant contact with women who are much much younger than me, and they are sedentary, dull, set in their ways, and just plain boring and uninteresting. It is them -- not their age.

And, if you pay attention, you KNOW so much more about yourself and life as you get older, well, you are just getting better with age.

I wish I knew at 30 what I knew today!;)