Menu

Strattera or hormones?

jenn-

DD started on Strattera at the beginning of August. I've noticed more anger issues since then. She is getting mad at me, her brothers, and herself. She was having slight anger issues prior to the medicine, but it seemed like it was cyclical (like her body was starting hormone cycles without the period), now it seems constant. She is physically developing more and more and I don't know if the hormones are messing with her more or if the meds are effecting her attitude. Any advice? The teen years are looking bleak if it continues like this.

Certainly call the doctor. My son tried Strattera for a short time and became angry and aggressive (NOT an issue before the meds) and even was verbally assultive to a teacher. Weaned off the meds---and that was HARD to do as things were really bad weaning off--and then no more anger, etc.

My daughter (different bio parents so we thought we would try) tried it and I told the doctor it was SOOO bad that I would have let anyone else parent her for that month or so.

Just make sure that if the doctor decides to wean the meds that you get a schedule for that and do it slowly.