Menu

Fuzzy on the reps

I've read the sticky on the reps and a thing or two other that I've found but there's something I still don't quite understand. It's a simple detail. :) I see you guys say things like "I can't rep you. Can something do it for me?" or something like it. Why can't you rep someone? Is it because you've done it before? Can you only rep someone one time only or once a week or what? Can you only give out a certain number of reps per day or per week?

Just curious. I want to better use my repping ability and just want to be clear on the quantity. Thank you ALL for the few reps I've gotten. It ALWAYS makes my day to hear someone thought well of something I wrote. I want to better reciprocate.

I've found I can only re-rep someone within a week or so if I've been using up all of my alloted rep per day, so there must be a minimum number of reps you have to dole out before you can give it back to the same person again.

You can try it on me. If you rep me now, then try to do it again, it'll say, "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to gardenschooler again."

Go ahead, try it. :D

I've found I can only re-rep someone within a week or so if I've been using up all of my alloted rep per day, so there must be a minimum number of reps you have to dole out before you can give it back to the same person again.

You can try it on me. If you rep me now, then try to do it again, it'll say, "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to gardenschooler again."

Then try it on me and see if it comes up with the same thing! :D

Ok, I repped you quite a while back and I couldn't rep you again. However, I could rep Brindee, and I've never repped her before. I think I might see how this is working. Probably much like you just said. The more I give out to others the more I have to give out and possibly the more often I can come back to you.

Let's see...