Menu

Questions regarding Giancoli's Physics

My son is using the 5th edition of Giancoli's Physics: Principles with Applications. He likes the text and the problems are challenging. I have the solutions guide to the problems in the book which has been very helpful.

Does anyone know if there is a solutions manual to the test bank? I have the test bank and made a test for Ch.1. In the test bank, only the answer is given, but not the solution.

We are having trouble getting the correct answer for a few of the questions in the test bank. Working seperately, we both come up with the same answer, but it isn't the answer in the book. I am frustrated because I am not sure if we are wrong, or the book is wrong. I know that it is possible for mistakes to happen. A solutions manual to the test bank would be so helpful. If one does not exist, I may have to pull my test questions from somewhere else. That discourages me. I just don't have the energy to fight my son on every problem that he gets wrong but is convinced that he is right. Nor do I have the time to solve every problem that I put on his test.

Thanks for the help!

Tressa

We are having trouble getting the correct answer for a few of the questions in the test bank. Working seperately, we both come up with the same answer, but it isn't the answer in the book.

If you post the question, I'll be happy to have a look.

Mistakes in solution manuals are extremely common (more so than in the textbooks themselves).

I have spent some time on the problems again. I am pretty sure that I am right. They are just simple conversion problems. Actually, the test bank questions are easier than the text questions. I was just hoping for a quick and easy way to make tests, but after these errors, I just don't have faith in the book. I know enough to figure out the answers for these problems, but not later in the book.

I am just going to take test questions out of the book. I have the solutions manual for the book. My son refuses to study for his tests anyway. Heaven forbid he actually do more problems than I assign. :tongue_smilie:

Thank you for offering though. I will probably take you up on it when I get to the more difficult problems.