Menu

Gluten-free banana bread recipe?

Does anyone have a good one? The last one I tried, all the oil sank to the bottom and made a soggy mess. It was weird and disappointing. I would love to have a tried and true recipe if anyone can share. And if it calls for coconut oil instead of butter, even better (we're out of butter at the moment).

TIA!

This is fabulous - I've never managed to ruin it yet. I make it Dairy free too and people who don't know are surprised to hear that it's not full of gluten. You may have to translate the measures into something more familiar to you.

GF Banana Bread

125g butter (or DF spread)

125g caster sugar

2 eggs

3 bananas, mashed

225g GF baking flour

1t mixed spice

2t baking powder

1/4t salt

Cream butter and sugar. Gradually beat in eggs, one at a time.

Stir in mashed banana and sieve in other ingredients, folding to combine together.

Pour into loaf tin and bake at 180deg for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.

I've been using the recipe from the back of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour. I do leave out the cinnamon and we love it!

Ingredients

• 1/3 cp Canola Oil
  • 2/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • 1 3/4 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 Cup Mashed Ripe Bananas
  • 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecan Halves
  • 1/2 cup Raisins

Directions

Preheat oven to 350­Â°F. Coat a 9" x 5" non stick pan (or two 5" x 2 1/2" pans) with cooking spray, set aside. Cream the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla together. Mix together the flour, xantham gum, sea salt, baking powder and spices. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternating with bananas. Stir in nuts and raisins. Batter will be somewhat soft. Bake the 9" x 5" pan for 1 hour, bake the 5" x 1 1/2" pans for 45 minutes. Cool on wire rack before cutting.

Do a search for Bob's Red Mill + Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe if you don't have the all purpose mix. The recipe is made without the prepackaged all purpose flour.

:)