Menu

Slight Vent, query for help...

We've had the babies (foster-to-adopt a 2 1/2 year old and 11 month old girls) here for almost 2 weeks now and it's going as well as can be expected. The older children are making their adjustments, but the novelty phase has worn off now for DD and she's realizing her princess status is severely threatened. I've been working my booty off trying to make sure all the older children still feel loved, trying to include them in all the care for the children that they are interested in (except DS1's obsession with poopie diapers, I shoo him away) try to spend one-on-one time (as much as I can) but.... maybe we're just going to have to get through this. DD has tons of dolls and doll clothes that she really never plays with. But now new DD (2 1/2 years) is interested in dolls and doll clothes and by gum, those doll socks are really important to DD1 now. Really important. Anyone btdt? A little advice? Or just keep plugging away and it'll get better. We are doing school. My children need the routine or they just go berserk. We're not as intense as we were, but we get through most of the subjects each day.

I'm sorry...I don't follow who wants whose doll socks. Is it the foster toddler girl who wants your other, older daughter's doll's socks? And older daughter resents the intrusion?

If that's it, then I guess you could either ask the older daughter which socks she would allow little d to play with for a little while. Or, if that's too much pressure, could you get little d a couple of sets of her own? Or maybe older dd could help pick out some doll socks at the store for the little d?