Menu

US History Timeline Book

My oldest is taking APUSH this year. We are looking for a timeline book for him to fill in. Anyone have any ideas where to look? Maybe I should just buy a large sketchbook and have him subdivide it evenly. Anyone tried that?

Thank you for any and all suggestions. We have a timeline on the wall in the hallway, but not in a book.

So my son said that APUSH covers approximately 500 years of history. I decided to get a 100 page artist's sketchbook and divide it at 5 years a page. Then we can make fold out pages for busy years (like during the Civil War.)

In Georgia, the students must also take the US History state End of Course Test and the High School Social Studies Graduation Test, which is mostly US History. I figure a timeline book will be a good thing to review before the test.

Back in my day in Maryland, the Social Studies grad test was all about the way the government operates. It was actually a lot of important information about the Constitution, information that I find a lot of people don't know or understand. While I understand the importance of US History, I don't think our test tests important information. I do not think knowing the exact date of an obscure Civil War battle is important. But then, I am not a Southerner, and I know I think differently than our DOE.