Menu

State specific textbooks...

Are state specific textbooks any different than the "non" state specific variety???

For example, I have a Texas Edition of a geography textbook...I purchased a teacher edition that is not "Texas" specific. The only thing I see in the student "Texas" edition that looks state oriented is a section of maps and statistical information in the front of the book. The chapters appear to be World Geography related only.

The Texas teachers editions are over $100...the regular version was $9...I got the regular version...

Just wondering...

It depends.

Sometimes the state-specific editions have an additional supplement at the beginning or end. Sometimes they have standardized test practice questions which are geared to the standardized test most common for that state.

Sometimes they have the chapters switched around to a different order.

You really can't tell.

I do know that the state-specific editions of the Glencoe Reader's Choice literature textbooks just have a supplement at the beginning of a few stories by authors from that state and standardized test practice questions from whatever standardized test is used in that state.