Menu

Ack! Grade 2 math help

plain jane

I don't have the books I need for math yet. :glare: Don't ask- long story. ;)

In grade 1 last year we did RightStart B and dabbled with MM but dd didn't care for MM. :) I decided we're going to go with SM for grade 2 onwards but neglected to order it. :001_huh:

So, I've placed an order but one of my books is backordered and, well, it may be a while. :toetap05:

What do I do until the books arrive? My options are to bide our time with either:

MM 2a

Right Start C

SM CWP Book 1

SM 2a US Ed Textbook (but I'm buying the Standards ed. and there really isn't much work in the textbook in the younger levels)

Edited by plain jane

I think I recall the SM 2A US and Standards editions being similar, aren't they? I say use the SM US textbook, and maybe print out some worksheets (Math Mammoth mentions a free site to make worksheets - that's the "worksheet generator" talked about) for the extra practice needed. When your books come in, you can do more practice as review.

MM2A probably won't be the same as SM 2A. They have a different scope and sequence throughout the years.

Working through CWP 1 is also a good idea. That will help reinforce some things. Go ahead and use that with the SM 2A US textbook. :)