Menu

Saxon Math K Meeting Book?

KristinaBreece

Ok, I bought all of DS's kindy supplies months ago. Everything all ready to go. Then we moved in August. I could have sworn that all of his schooling "stuff" went into two boxes. Boxes are unpacked, things are put away, we're ready to start our day (the formal part of schooling here works best while little sis is napping in the late morning/early afternoon)... and I cannot find our Saxon Math Meeting Book. It's just not there with everything else. So, I can't remember.... is it just a 2-page calendar spread? Is there more to the September pages? I just want to be able to make & print off a page or two that will be a reasonable stand-in until I can find the book, KWIM?

It is a two-page calendar spread for September to June. On the left side is a column of boxes where the months get listed as you go through them (i.e. September page has 12 empty boxes with September in the 9th box down, In October both October and September are listed, etc.) On the right side is a similar set of boxes with the days of the week filled in. There are large, empty arrows across the top and down the side of the sheet where you will write the lesson number every day (demonstrates a number line - or the inexorable movement of time :)). The last page has the pattern block shapes and the back cover has a summary of the calendar color patterns for each month.

FWIW we used the meeting book for about a month and a half. My kids already understood the concepts and everyone was getting tired of the repetition. After that I would just review the ideas once in a while to check retention.