Menu

Need QUICK Answers: Best Price on Board Games/Family Fun Night Items?

Tomorrow is the International Festival at the Church where we co-op. Among other things, I have been tasked with assembling a give-away (as a prize for a kids' game we are doing) with a theme of: Family Fun Basket (board games, other fun items, gift cards, etc).

I have purchased small 'filler' items at Dollar Store, etc (play doh, water color paints, crayons, etc) but today I am going out to purchase board games and larger items.

Where will I find the best price(s)? I have a $100. limit remaining and some of that will have to go towards a basket and shred, etc.

TIA!

Dominos and marbles are inexpensive. Uno cards are as well. Shoots and Ladders, Candy Land, Chinese Checkers, Parchessi, Trouble are all games mulitages can play together, and which do not take hours (Settlers or Monopoly lol) to play. I think Target or Walmart would make sense, pricewise. You can sometimes find less costly 'travel' versions of some games.

Edited by LibraryLover

Dominos and marbles are inexpensive. Uno cards are as well. Shoots and Ladders, Candy Land, Chinese Checkers, Parchessi, Trouble are all games mulitages can play together, and which do not take hours (Settlers or Monopoly lol) to play. I think Target or Walmart would make sense, pricewise. You can sometimes find less costly 'travel' versions of some games.

THANK YOU - THANK YOU! I wrote down all your suggestions! Fortunately, Target and WalMart are right next to each other.

Off we go!:auto:

There are some coupons out for Hasbro games--I tried to find a link, but can't seem to find it at the moment and I have to run out the door in a minute. I found the link the other day on hip2save.com so you can go there and have a look. That might help you stretch the money a little bit!

Thank you so much -- I will search and find these coupons!:001_smile:

Not sure if you ever found them...or even if you haven't gone shopping yet, but here is the link:

http://www.coupons.com/Couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15014&zid=ru81&nid=20

Thank you -- baskets are finished and are fabulous -- I was able to find huge savings on crayons at toys r us using the coupons.

I will try to post a photo of basket #1 -- I didn't tak a photo of the 2nd basket -- they really do look remarkably similar.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

I assembled two baskets -

#1: Life, Scrabble, Uno, Apples to Apples, Dominoes, Yahtzee, Play Doh, Crayons, Fern Gully (DVD), Assorted Boxes of Candy

#2: Candyland, Chutes and LAdders, Uno, Checkers/Chess/Tic Tac Toe, Yahtze, Apples to Apples, Hedbanz, All Dogs Go To Heaven (DVD), Candy, Play Doh, Crayons, Horton Hears a Who Stickers,

post-10544-1353508543953_thumb.jpg

post-10544-1353508543953_thumb.jpg