Menu

Why are SM books so hard to find?

LolaT

I've decided to supplement RSM Level C with SM Std Ed 2. I'm trying to decide between getting SM home teacher's guide, textbook, and workbook which would be kind of pricey considering I already bought the RSM kit OR just adding the SM Extra Practice Wkbk. I'm leaning towards just getting the Extra Practice but the shipping is so ridiculous on the SM web site, almost $9.00 for a $13 book!!! :eek: It's not on Amazon or Rainbow Resource. I really can't find it anywhere else for much cheaper. There has to be a better way.

Also, can't find the History Odyssey Timeline Sticker Pack on Rainbow Resource. Maybe, I just need a Dr. Pepper, fresh air, a nap, a slap in the face ....

Singapore Standards is available at Rainbow Resource:

http://rainbowresource.com/prodlist.php?subject=10&category=3051

Though if you're wanting to supplement with Singapore, I'd go for the Intensive Practice and/or Challenging Word Problems books. Those are the rich part of Singapore.

You can also get them at Christian Book, Adoremus Books, etc. There is an Ebay seller that sells new Singapore products with better shipping prices than any of the retail stores seem to have. It's still cheaper to get it from RR or CBD when you have a big order that gets you free shipping, but if you just need a single workbook, Ebay is your best bet, I think.

ETA: HO Timeline sticker pack is here. :) I had to search for "history odyssey sticker"

Edited by boscopup

Thank You!!! I didn't know to try eBay.

Found the Extra Practice Std Ed 2 that I was looking for on eBay $12.25 + $3.23. Now that's more reasonable.

I'm going to give this a try first. If it doesn't work by itself, I made need to get the whole thing.