Menu

Anyone used K12's British and World Lit?

Has anyone here used K12's British and World Literature course, or any other high school literature course from K12 for that matter?

If so, how did you and your student like it? Was there a lot of busywork? Was there good support and feedback for the writing assignments? Anything else I should know?

Any input would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

:seeya:Yes! My dd used their British Lit course on the comprehensive level last year and loved it. She had an excellent teacher who actually read her work and provided helpful instruction. The only negative dd can think of is that she was one of the few students who participated in the threaded discussions, which of course, makes discussion rather difficult. You may not like the fact that students don't read entire works, but I required my dd to do so when I thought it was appropriate. It was a bit labor-intensive, but since my dd was a senior, we thought it was appropriate.

Our experience was positive enough that we are considering our state's virtual school for the youngest as a freshman next year as they have just added K12 curriculum for 9th and 10th grade. The class was not a small amount of money, but we would do it again as dd was burned out on her ps literature classes, but thought this was quite good. She is really picky about those literature classes and has strong opinions on how they should be conducted. I have no idea where that comes from.:tongue_smilie:

Thank you so much for this review! It is so comforting to know that you and your daughter both liked this course!

Which whole works did you have her read in addition to the required novels/plays? How did that work out with the due dates?