Menu

task cards

Tina in WA

I just want to put a good word in for task cards. We've just been using them a couple of days and I am so impressed with the results. My younger kids are loving them and doing so much more work than I would have thought they were able - on their own -- and they are so proud of their work. So far we have started Earth and Space science and Life Science. It also frees me up to do some necessary non-teaching tasks during the day. Yay task cards!

We are using the Earth Science ones and I am really liking them. There aren't questions to answer as such, the cards list topics for the child to research and projects to show the research. I guess you have to know something about the subject or look it up to make sure they are understanding OK. I'm doing them with my dd11 and dd7 and am helping my youngest quite a lot and so feel I'm staying on top of the subject sufficiently.

Thanks everyone for the answers. I did see the samples and would have like to have seen the teacher guide as well.

I really like the idea of the cards and am on the fence if I will use them or not. Not to "hot" on the idea that I will have research as well, but I am sure here are ways around that. Require them to list their resources and I could check it (hopefully quickly). I do know I enjoy learning right along with my kids. :-)

yes, great thought. :-) And you are right answers from different resources could/would be different. But some things like life of a person should basically be the same no matter what resource you use. Or what verbs to use in a fill in the blank questions, etc. Just a short blurb about artists with dob, famous artwork, or definitions of words, etc. I think an answer key would be nice. :-)

I am one of those parents (person actually) that LOVE answer keys! LOL I even wanted a answer key for a ladies bible study I attended for over the summer. LOL And they don't provide that type of thing for what we were using: it was left to interpretation! Oh it was soooooo hard! LOL :-)