Menu

Quick sewing help!

I have a beginners class in about an hour. It has been a totally crazy day and I just got home to gather my stuff and go. Wanted to check and make sure everything is in working order and I cannot get the teeth to grab the fabric :glare:. Basically, when I press the peddle the needle moves, but the fabric goes nowhere.

I have a Brother. Please help!

Edited by simka2

My machine (a Pfaff) has a switch that can lower the feed dogs. I'm not sure if Brothers have the same thing (if it's a quilting machine it probably does). You could check that....

It could be, but that is a bit beyond my scope! ;) Then tension is really high and I cannot figure out how to loosen it.

The tension could be causing it. Is the fabric bouncing around like nothing is there to grab it or is it bunching together like it's trying to move forward, but something is holding it back?

At this point I would suggest taking the machine as is, since it's a beginner class they will likely start with getting everyone familiar with their machines and you could ask the instructor to look at it. Have fun!

At this point I would suggest taking the machine as is, since it's a beginner class they will likely start with getting everyone familiar with their machines and you could ask the instructor to look at it. Have fun!

Yes, I definitely agree. Take your book (if you have one) or try to print one if you can.