Menu

Ever heard of a 3yo losing a tooth naturally?

I'm going to call our dentist - but am curious. Anyone ever had a three-year old lose a tooth. My 3yods just lost one of his middle bottom teeth. For what it's worth, that's the first one that came in and he got it before he was three months old. He'd been telling me it was loose but I'd been basically ignoring him because my 6yo just lost his first teeth last week and I was sure he was "just talking".

There was no trauma on it - he was outside in our garage and my 6 yo bent over and said, "Hey, look, someone's tooth". He hadn't fallen or even cried and I'd been standing right there with him. I thought he was joking but sure enough there is my 3yo (he'll be 4 in early December) with a missing tooth :confused:

This is a new one for me . . . the tooth looks perfectly normal - just like all other first "lost" teeth and the hole looks the same, too. No other tooth coming in yet . . .

O.K. - just talked to our dentist. He is fairly sure that since 3yo got his first tooth so early that it's probably just a natural loose tooth and nothing to worry about. He said that if the new tooth starts coming in within a few months that we'll know for sure. He offered to do xrays just to make sure that the new tooth is developing but said that it wasn't really necessary as long as I was comfortable to just wait.

I guess we'll just wait and the next time I take them in for check-ups it will be followed-up on.