Menu

I'm not sure this is a good weekend for travel!

The weather reports are really making me nervous about traveling this weekend. We were planning a trip to Lancaster County, PA, leaving on Friday night and coming home Saturday afternoon. We are in northern NJ, and it's about a 3 hour drive. We've already booked and paid for our hotel room, and purchased tickets to see Joseph at the Sight and Sound Theater on Friday night. These tickets are non-refundable and can't be exchanged for another night.:glare: If it were any other weekend I would just stay an extra night to avoid driving with possible trees and power lines down, but my mother is scheduled for surgery Monday morning to remove the cancer in her lungs. I can't not be there! I guess I will go forward as if we are going, and just keep praying that the storm will move out to sea or something, but we will be so disappointed to have to cancel. Would you just go and see what happens, or cancel the trip? If the reports get any worse I don't think I will have a choice. I have to be there for my mom...

(PS - Prayers would be greatly appreciated for a positive outcome to my mom's surgery.)