Menu

Does anyone use CLE for pre-algebra/algebra?

We haven't used it, so I hope other posters chime in. I've read that Light Units 7 and 8 give a thorough preparation for Algebra. The only reason that I haven't used them for those levels is that we like to start Algebra with 8th grade, and I'm not sure if there would be gaps going from LU 7 to Algebra.

We did CLE Math 700 plus the two LOF prealgebra books for prealgebra last year. The curriculum experts at CLE say you need both 700 and 800 before going into Algebra 1. I'm sure the 800 series would add another layer and provide the additional practice to really cement the concepts. However, we're going to TT Algebra 1 supplemented with LOF Beginning Algebra this year and there are no gaps that we've found. The primary reason we switched from CLE was simply continuity. They have no timeframe for the Sunrise edition of Algebra 2 so we would have been stranded after Algebra 1. Their current Alpha Omega lifepac version of Algebra 2 is so not what we would want.

HTH.