Menu

Weekly exercise regimen

For those who make their own regimen, can I ask for some help?

3 days/week I do Couch to 5K and count that as my cardio for now. It takes about 25 minutes.

I am also doing strengthening/toning exercises, but I am unsure how to schedule both the cardio and the strength/toning exercises.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays I do Couch to 5K.

Should I schedule all strength/toning on the other days, or do a little on my cardio days, as well?

My main targets are thighs and abs for toning, and core for strengthening (I played Varsity Field Hockey but had to quit due to health so need to build up my endurance again for college).

Some people say cardio and strengthening/toning should be done on separate days so they all get the same amount of attention, but I'm having trouble with fitting it into 6 days. I could add a 7th, but even with 7 days I'm having trouble fitting it in if each day is only given one or the other.

Thoughts, suggestions, your regimen. Much appreciated :001_smile:

For now, I'm taking things easier than normal for health reasons, but every little bit helps. I've already lost 30 lbs. since April (okay, so my illness gets some credit, but I've been eating smaller, healthier portions and exercising more than before).

For those who make their own regimen, can I ask for some help?

3 days/week I do Couch to 5K and count that as my cardio for now. It takes about 25 minutes.

I am also doing strengthening/toning exercises, but I am unsure how to schedule both the cardio and the strength/toning exercises.

Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays I do Couch to 5K.

Should I schedule all strength/toning on the other days, or do a little on my cardio days, as well?

My main targets are thighs and abs for toning, and core for strengthening (I played Varsity Field Hockey but had to quit due to health so need to build up my endurance again for college).

Some people say cardio and strengthening/toning should be done on separate days so they all get the same amount of attention, but I'm having trouble with fitting it into 6 days. I could add a 7th, but even with 7 days I'm having trouble fitting it in if each day is only given one or the other.

Thoughts, suggestions, your regimen. Much appreciated :001_smile:

For now, I'm taking things easier than normal for health reasons, but every little bit helps. I've already lost 30 lbs. since April (okay, so my illness gets some credit, but I've been eating smaller, healthier portions and exercising more than before).

It doesn't matter. What matters is how much you can take in one day. I wouldn't add a 7th day. I think you would burn out. Since your running is only 25 minutes, you could probably fit an ab routine or upper body routine in there. Do legs on the days you aren't running.

Good job on losing 30 lbs.