Menu

Can we play Reading Eggs on a color Nook?

I just tried it and, yes, you can. It's a little awkward with the game I tried. It was one where you had to drag and drop words into boxes. It was a little difficult to get the word to go where I wanted it to go. I know there are some games on Reading Eggs that require the use of the arrow keys. Not sure how that would translate to the nook color.

DS is just starting out, so I went back to lesson 2 to try this. I think many of the activities are actually easier on the touch screen than the laptop. Using a traditional mouse on a desktop might be about equal, but even then I bet DS would still find the touchscreen a smidge easier. There was one game I couldn't get to work at all - I was supposed to drag an egg on a spoon to an egg cup. Also, it isn't possible to hover with the touchscreen, so for one activity there are two pictures, one of which starts with the correct letter sound. If you know what the picture is, no problem. If you don't, and you have a mouse, you can hover and hear what the picture is. But you can't with the touchscreen. And honestly, I don't think the pictures are all that obvious, esp for a little kid. Overall, though, it worked really well. HTH.