Menu

Sonlight language arts for core H (7) and above

Can someone please help me? I am not able to find out this information on the Sonlight website OR forums...

What types of writing assignments are included...specifically in Core H?

I know from the samples that the core H IG contains creative writing, but I'm wanting to know if there are other types as well, such as a research reports, compare/contrast essays, persuasive essays etc...

Thank you for any help! I just frustrated myself by trying to find out this information on SL's website and wasted 2 hours of my life. :tongue_smilie:

*****found my answer***** I finally found a one sentence description in the catalog that said it contains creative writing, literary analysis, and research. Hmpf. It should say that on the website.

Edited by Alyeska

I know from the samples that the core H IG contains creative writing, but I'm wanting to know if there are other types as well, such as a research reports, compare/contrast essays, persuasive essays etc...

Just to reconfirm for you.... Yes, it does include those things. My dd who is using LA 5 (or F) is currently working on a compare/contrast research essay which has involved learning to write a thesis statement and writing an outline, among other things. My dd who is doing LA D+E has had to write a couple of persuasive pieces already. I'm finding it a great program.:001_smile:

HTH

Thank you for your reply! I am glad to hear that it includes a variety of writing assignments because the samples provided do not give that impression at all.

I just wish Sonlight would put a description on their website. I put in a suggestion to them on the forums, but have no response from them yet.