Menu

Control what you think ....

.... so that you can control what you do.

It is important to understand that counterproductive actions of body, speech and mind do not arise of their own accord, but spring up in dependence on our motivation. Faulty states of mind give rise to faulty actions. To control negative physical and verbal actions, we need to tame our minds.

Dalai Lama

I think this is a good reason to choose an educational style that matures the mind.

.... so that you can control what you do.

It is important to understand that counterproductive actions of body, speech and mind do not arise of their own accord, but spring up in dependence on our motivation. Faulty states of mind give rise to faulty actions. To control negative physical and verbal actions, we need to tame our minds.

Dalai Lama

I think this is a good reason to choose an educational style that matures the mind.

I decline to control my thoughts. I like that my thoughts are free. However, if my life was a wreck, I was a bad mother and friend, and I had physical ailments related to my bad behavior, I probably would welcome ANYthing that would control me. I count my stars each and every day (usually driving home from work, where many a wrecked mind is locked up) I have the ability to control my actions. But between my ears, I'm an anarchist.

I agree an educational system should mature the mind. And to me, a mature mind doesn't have to control its thoughts, just its words and actions.

I decline to control my thoughts. I like that my thoughts are free. However, if my life was a wreck, I was a bad mother and friend, and I had physical ailments related to my bad behavior, I probably would welcome ANYthing that would control me. I count my stars each and every day (usually driving home from work, where many a wrecked mind is locked up) I have the ability to control my actions. But between my ears, I'm an anarchist.

I agree an educational system should mature the mind. And to me, a mature mind doesn't have to control its thoughts, just its words and actions.

:lol: So you just want to be wild eh? I admit to thinking one thing and doing another. However, what you think can sway your action too.

And, I like with your maturity of the mind comment. Good point.