Menu

Decorating help

I am redoing my living/dining room and need some advice. I made curtains of the red fabric for my living room. We have dark brown leather furniture and right now a dark brown coffee table. I'm considering painting the coffee table the turquoise. What do y'all think? Too much?

Now, in the dining room, I don't have quite enough fabric to do full length panels. The rooms are seperate, but I want them to coordinate. I have a black painted table and chairs and a green sideboard that was my grandparents. I also have some chairs I got at a junk shop that I painted red and recovered the seats with a black and white fabric, mostly like the one below. I'm thinking for the curtains in the dining room to use the red with and stripe of the black and white across the bottom - about 18 inches. Make sense?

It's hard to tell with these pictures because the scale of the pattern is off, but the red floral is huge and the black and white is much smaller. My neighbor doesn't like it, but she is a very formal person - she's getting silk dupioni drapes - I'm repainting old furniture.

Anyway, ideas? suggestions?

[/url]thumbnail_41.1_737.jpg

Gus+Full+Nursery+Fabric+Black+%2F+White+Damask.jpg

I think it will be gorgeous!!!

What color are the walls going to be?

I would keep them a bit toned down, but you could still get away with more color there :)

That yellow in the flower is very pretty - are you pulling that in somehow?

I think it will be gorgeous!!!

What color are the walls going to be?

I would keep them a bit toned down, but you could still get away with more color there :)

That yellow in the flower is very pretty - are you pulling that in somehow?

We're in military housing and not going to be here long, so no painting the walls. I'm trying to make it as homey as possible with stark white walls.

I considered the yellow for the coffee table but the kids really like the blue. The coffee table is pretty beat up - when I refinished it last time I used a water based finish and it didn't stand up to 4 kids and a dog at all. It really needs to be redone.