Menu

One less in the nest

Miss Marple

Just dropped Ds#2 off at college. While I put on a good, positive face for the kids and family, I'm still a bit of a neurotic inside ;) But I was so encouraged when several of the boys on his hall came in and introduced themselves! Can I just say that I can see my prayers being answered :D If you read a previous post about ds's roommate, you will see how strange a coincidence the roommate choice was, but these other fellas were so great, too! In fact, one of the young men, from Dallas, knew a family we have known here in the Tulsa area for years. It really is a small world sometimes. The two who introduced themselves are upperclassmen who have established themselves in local churches. They have invited Ds and roommate to "sample" the churches with them. My oldest Ds goes to the same school but is, oh, so busy this year (President of one organization, VP of another, and attempting to work through his lovelife as well ;)) so it's comforting to know that ds#2 is around like-minded fellas.

I'm a grateful momma today. And tomorrow I'm cleaning house - I couldn't get to it earlier because of all the piles everywhere :D

Big hugs to those who have lost one from the nest recently. It's hard, but it's good. They are flying!

Cynthia

I do remember reading your previous post about your ds's roommate and it really inspired me to up my own prayers concerning this for our DS. Up until then, his proposed roommate had not returned texts or e-mails so that had been on my mind. One evening as I was praying for this young man, the thought came to me that he would not be attending the university. I mentioned this to my son, who promptly e-mailed the roommate, and he informed DS that this was indeed the case.

So, today we have met the new roommate who seems like a nice young man. His mom says he is very "preppy" and loves Polo shirts, which I internally smiled about because DS is kind of a hip/cool musician writer type who likes to shop for clothing at thrift stores. :tongue_smilie: I am hoping, of course, that they will be a blessing to one another and praying things will turn out well. Thanks for the encouragement.

Faith

So, today we have met the new roommate who seems like a nice young man. His mom says he is very "preppy" and loves Polo shirts, which I internally smiled about because DS is kind of a hip/cool musician writer type who likes to shop for clothing at thrift stores. :tongue_smilie: I am hoping, of course, that they will be a blessing to one another and praying things will turn out well. Thanks for the encouragement.

Faith

:grouphug:I'm always amazed at how well differing personalities can get along. I think the roommate thing is the most stressful aspect of sending a kiddo to college. I've heard from other moms that even if the roommates aren't totally compatible, the students often meet someone else the freshman year and end up rooming with the new friend later. I'm praying that the roommates this year respect one another and get along - being friends would be a bonus :D