Menu

Anyone found a good way to co-ordinate buying what's needed for your co-op?

I am in charge of the co-op with 2 friends. I am trying to figure out what I have to buy, and it's a bit overwhelming. When I did CC, I bought a kit... because this is one of the parts of the "job" that I dislike. Anyone have any hints?

We've gone through for the first 6 weeks (SOTW) and figured out what we need, and now for the other subjects. Anyway, suggestions... or lamenting with me.... :( UGH :)

What kind of coop? Are you talking a large coop that you need to buy for many people or a couple of families?

What are you needing to buy? General supplies like paper and notebooks, curricula, specific supplies ie science kit.

Is everyone chipping in or is one person paying for it all?

Do you need to get everything today or can it be spread out over the year?

Are you figuring out requirements for all the subjects? Wow!

At our co-op the teachers decide what they need and send an email out. Around June I typed out a loose history schedule, decided on projects for the kids, and filed instructions/supply lists for each month. Most of what is needed I have already, thankfully. The other stuff I'll get while I'm planning the following month's work.

Are you figuring out requirements for all the subjects? Wow!

At our co-op the teachers decide what they need and send an email out. Around June I typed out a loose history schedule, decided on projects for the kids, and filed instructions/supply lists for each month. Most of what is needed I have already, thankfully. The other stuff I'll get while I'm planning the following month's work.

Pretty much supplies for the whole co-op; I'm not paying for it all, though. I'm sure there was a smarter way. :tongue_smilie: