Menu

Slack brands for my pear body shape?

I have some nice professional clothing -- some dresses and a few basic skirts with bright tops and a sweater or jacket.

My problem:

Since my weight gain in the last few years (after the last baby), I get completely frustrated trying to find slacks and jeans. The dresses and skirts seem to be more forgiving of my weight shifts.

Every time I've gotten the urge to try to find some new slacks, I pick the size I think I am and wind up having to try a larger one because of the hip and buns. And when I find something I can pull over those, there's a huge gap at the waist.

Is there a brand that I should try? Something I might find on sale at JCPenney or Kohl's?

I would be forever grateful. :D

I have a very pear-shaped body and have found the JC Penney A.N.A brand of pants and skirts to fit over my hips without giving me the lovely muffin top at the waist.

I have not had the same luck with that brand in jackets. If I need a suit, I buy the jacket in a size that will go over the hips and that matches the pants and either alter it, or just go with the football shoulder look until it can be altered.

Karen