Menu

Can anyone share experiences with Adderall?

Does it work well? Amp you up? Amp you up for an hour or two and then leave you feeling as if you took nothing? Did you have a problem starting it, or getting off it? Did you experience any unbearable side effects (as in, so annoying that you felt you needed to stop taking it)? Did you feel like it took a few days of using it for you to feel like it was working, or was it immediate?

Any details you can share about your experience would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Are you talking about this med for an adult (you?) or a child? I work in a pharmacy and know many people who take this. And are you talking about Adderall or Adderall XR?

For me--I'm not completely committed to taking it, but it's what my doc starts with, so I'm looking for some real-life thoughts. And it would be XR. Thank you!

My experience - ie, talking to adults who are taking this - is that if the drug is going to work, within a fairly short while the pt notices positive changes. Your best friend here is your pharmacist; he/she knows so much about these things. Talk to him/her. Take your meds...see how you do. Those adults I deal with don't feel a "high" or anything like that...they just function. Normally....which, for them, is incredible.