Menu

for those w/8th Edition Lial's Intermediate Alg. Digital Video Tutor (CD)

Can you tell me if I can run this on a two year old MacBook?

I need to match the Lial's Intermediate Algebra Edition (I have 8th) with the DVTs. I already own the 8th edition and am checking to see if I can just get the 8th Edition DVTs (CDs) (I found sellers that have it even though it is out of production).

Jann said I may need to purchase the 9th edition and get the dvds to match (yes, they are dvds for 9th). We know for sure that I can use the dvds, since the MacBook runs dvds (as well as a dvd player). I need to have a perfect match so the dvt matches the text because dd is in vision therapy and needs to be able to watch for instruction instead of reading the text (her eyes are tired).

Another option is to watch them online at this website -- http://www.math.iupui.edu/media/M-11100_Algebra/ . The textbook I believe is the 10th edition (going by the syllabus I found at this site), but the topics all line up. Chapters 2&3 of the 8th edition are just chapter 2 at this website, therefore every chapter after that is off, but the topics are the same.

Yvonne in NE

I have the 8th edition Introductory Algebra DVTs and I just popped one into my almost 3yo white Macbook. It worked fine.

Thank you so much!!! I'll keep this in mind if I want the dvts, see below:

I am posting here what I found in a search on this forum. The dvts are online. These links work and match my 8th edition Lial's Intermediate Algebra. You need Real Player to play them.

http://www.math.iupui.edu/media/M-11100_Algebra/

Edited by Susan C.
found the link