Menu

Clothing advice

I've recently been on a dress kick. They're oh so comfy and soft!

My problem is that I have a belly. I look pregnant :glare:. What kind of dress should I be looking for?

I've been working out, am on a diet, and taking thyroid meds. My weight is sloooooooooowly going down. I'm 13lbs down from my top, but nothing feels different. Clothes still fit the same :confused:.

Agreeing with all the previous suggestions. Not too good for winter stuff, since I live in the tropics and am a bit out of touch.

WRONG:

• Shapeless dresses

• Kaftan - if you are large anywhere, these make everything else look enormous

• At-the-knee length

RIGHT:

• Fitted clothes

• Sweetheart neckline

• Empire line

• ¾-sleeve dresses

• Wrap dress

• Fluted sleeves, the more exaggerated, the better

• Sleeved dress in a small pattern – especially on the arm – the busyness of the pattern detracts from the arm. Small prints cover a multitude of flabby flesh.

• Length: Just above or just below the knee

At-the-knee skirts and dresses can make one look "dumpy"

It’s always better to wear them at least one inch above or 1-2 inches below the knee. Either just above or just below the knee

According to Charla Krupp, author of How to Never Look Fat Again - love that book :), the following should be avoided:

Baby Doll Dresses

Cut-Out Dresses (don't know what that is)

Little Girl Dresses

The following are good:

A-Line Shift Dresses

Wrap Dresses

Wear more fitted clothes...Your shape is hidden behind baggy dresses, tops and skirts.

A cotton shift dress - 'So easy, just zip up and you're done. Lilly Pulitzer, even better.'

If you have a Buddha belly: Stay away from elastic- or drawstring-waist pants and skirts. For a special occasion always reach for A-line or sheath dresses. And a tailored single-breasted jacket will look sharp, sexy and sophisticated over almost anything.