Menu

World History vs. History of Western Civilization? WWYD?

Which course would you take?  

1. 1. Which course would you take?

• World History
    • History of Civilization
    • Other

I'll be starting online college this fall, and majoring in History.

I have a choice either to take History of Western Civilization or World History.

I think that in some ways, World History would be more interesting. I really like reading about Mesopotamia and the early civilizations. Any history I took in high school gave a brief overview of Egypt and Mesopotamia, and then "poof" we were in ancient Greece. I was always confused because it seemed that a lot was missing. I think that World History would be a better foundation, and I'd get to learn about the history of other cultures than just western.

On the other hand, the History of Western Civilization course looks a lot more interesting. The discussion posts and essays look neat and are things I'd like to write about. The World History essays and discussion posts honestly look excruciatingly boring. Also, I think that it would be a better foundation for American History and some of the other history courses I will have to take.

I was wondering what others thought and what they would do.

Thanks for your thoughts.