Menu

Life After Camp

Both of our kids went to camp last week. Dh took the week off so we had time off together like the old days before kids. It was great! We got some projects done along with some fun. Then the kids came back, dh went back to work, and it's not so much fun any more. Seems like everyone is cranky. Anyone else have issues when the week without the kids is over?

You know, people are always wondering why I don't let my kids spend more time away from me. Truth be told, when they are with me constantly, their little behaviors don't bother me much. When you take them away for a couple of days, suddenly all those "this is how it normally is" things drive me batty. You will become accustomed to everyone soon, until then, quiet time is golden.

I think "re-entry" is always a little hard. Hard for the kids coming home from a week of excitementexcitementexcitement, hard for you coming down from a week or peace and quiet and time with your dh... Just be gentle with yourselves, remind each other as necessary what it takes to respect and be kind to each other... You'll be back to normal soon. :)