Menu

Book recommendation on the difference between...

I am looking for a book that discusses the differences between the different denominations of Christianity. Can anyone recommend one?

Sarah, can I ask what the purpose of your study is? Are you wanting to just looking at Protestantism (which is the part of Christianity with denominations, generally speaking), or are you looking for a picture of church history (which will include parts of Christianity that don't have denominations)? The book linked above inaccurately calls these parts of Christianity "denominations," which makes me wonder about its historic accuracy and the way it presents Christianity as a whole.

Also, would this be a good study Bible for a first time Bible reader?

If you're looking for an evangelical, Protestant perspective, I've heard good things about this Bible.

Edited by milovaný

I was going to recommend this one!

And yes, that Bible is excellent! ESV is very readable and accurate, and the study notes and information in there is very good. I have the personal size version of that Bible, and I really like it. There are a lot of good resources available on the website for it as well.