Menu

Help me remember this children's book!

There was a book I *loved* as a kid that I haven't been able to remember the title of for the longest time! It was a sort of twist to the telling of the Little Mermaid:

The mermaid became human and married her prince, but could still become a mermaid during the fullmoon so long as her prince never saw her in her true form. Of course the Prince wondered about where she went every full moon and one night followed her and saw her as a mermaid, which meant she now could not return to him. She *could* become human during fullmoons, and would use that time to visit her sleeping son, but no one ever knew she did it.

The illustrations to this book were beautiful, and very life-like. Does anyone know what book this is?

There was a book I *loved* as a kid that I haven't been able to remember the title of for the longest time! It was a sort of twist to the telling of the Little Mermaid:

The mermaid became human and married her prince, but could still become a mermaid during the fullmoon so long as her prince never saw her in her true form. Of course the Prince wondered about where she went every full moon and one night followed her and saw her as a mermaid, which meant she now could not return to him. She *could* become human during fullmoons, and would use that time to visit her sleeping son, but no one ever knew she did it.

The illustrations to this book were beautiful, and very life-like. Does anyone know what book this is?

Not certain, but it reminds me of some of the Gordon MacDonald stories.