Menu

Thyroid and Basal Body Temp, can someone help me out?

I've been taking my temp. every morning before getting out of bed for the past 5 days. My temp has ranged from 97.2 and 97.3.

Today, I've been taking my temp. every hour since 6 am and it has not budged. I checked it last night before going to bed around 10pm and it was 96.4.

From what I've been reading, this can be an indicator for hypothyroid. I do have other symptoms that go with the description for hypothyroid as well, but my TSH and T3 and T4 test results all came back normal.

Has anyone been able to get their doc to try out thyroid medication with just the low body temp and other symptoms even with normal blood results?

Do you know of any other medical conditions that can produce low body temps and fatigue that I'm just not aware of?

You should ask for a copy of the lab report and then do some internet research. 'Normal' for thyroid is a WIDE range. I feel crummy if my level gets to 3, yet is still considered to be within the normal range. Doctors saying 'normal' really bothers me because who is to say what normal is for YOUR body? kwim?

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and have a temperature that ranges from 97 to 97.5. I am being treated for it and my TSH level stays at about a 1 or slightly less.

Whether a doctor will try meds or not depends on the doctor really...it took me 8 years to find a doctor that would listen to me, who was finally willing to adjust my medications. I personally don't see the harm in trying a low dosage to see if it helps. However, too much thyroid horomone over a period of time will affect your bodies ability to absorb calcium.